1. Marijuana/Weed/Pot/Ganga/Dagga: Marijuana is also known as weed and pot and it is one of the most common drugs used. While the addiction to this particular illegal drug is still up for debate, it most certainly is widely and commonly used.
2. Heroin/ Crack: Heroin is also referred to as crack and one of the most addictive and dangerous of all the illegal drugs prevalent in society.
3. Alcohol: Alcohol is third on this list of most common addictions in society today and has a tendency to lead to violent incidents. Alcohol intoxication is one of the leading causing of road accidents.
4. Nicotine/ cigarettes: This is one of the most dangerous addictions around because it is legal and it is quite easy to develop a dependency. Nicotine has been found to the number one cause of avoidable deaths.
5. Sex: There are quite a few different varieties of sex addiction. A few examples include nameless and meaningless sex with different people on a regular basis, uncontrollable urges to masturbate constantly and regular exhibitionism.
6. Food: This is one of the most over looked, yet surprisingly common, of all the addictions prevalent in today’s society. Eating disorders such as overeating, emotional eating, binging and uncontrollable eating would all fall into this category.
7. World Wide Web: The introduction of the internet has seemed to lead to a new kind of addiction that has fast become popular. Most internet addictions revolve around the pornographic content available online.
8. Uncontrollable shopping: This is another one of those addictions that are commonly overlooked. Many relationships and lives are ruined by this uncontrollable urge to shop.
9. Gambling/ Betting/ Gaming: This addiction has grown quite a bit because gambling is being made more and more accessible. Addicts can simple log online and visit an online casino to get their fix for example.
10. Coffee/ Caffeine: This is a particular powerful stimulant and many people may not even realise that they have developed a dependency on coffee.
Special thanks to Houghton House for post