If you where under the impression that South Africa do not have many bookmakers or even licensed bookmakers, you where badly mistaken. There are lots of licensed bookmakers in South Africa to choose from, in the Gauteng Province alone the lists are almost never ending. Here are a few examples of bookmakers in Gauteng, South Africa:
- Albert Lines t/a Albert Lines Racing, based in Kempton Park
- Almenta (Pty) Ltd t/a Top Bet Pretoria
- Anthony Joseph t/a Anthony Joseph Bookmaker
- Anthrobuzz (Pty) Ltd t/a Top Bet Alexandra, based in Wynberg
- Bet SA cc t/a Germiston Tattersalls, also trading as Waltloo Tattersalls
- Sportware Dynamic Systems (Pty) Ltd
- Betting World (Pty) Ltd, trades from many places: Centurion, Sandton, Kempton Park, Carnival city in Brakpan, Emperors Palace in Kempton Park, Gold Reef City in Ormonde, Sandown, Ridgeway, Rosebank, Kensington, The Buzz Shopping Centre in Fourways, Waterkloof Glen, ect.
The licensed bookmaker Michael Weare owned a bookmaking business ‘The Betting Shop’, in Kwazulu Natal, but in year 2001 Betting World (Pty) Ltd offered him the position of Managing Director, of which he accepted. It is now a booming successful bookmakers business in South Africa.
- Celtis Betting and Sports (Pty) Ltd, based in Celtisdal
- Corsissa Ghillino t/a Cedar Betting, based in Kyalami
- Dale Shafer t/a International Sports & Racing, based in Highlands Park
- Diplocap Investments (Pty) Ltd t/a Top Bet Soweto, based in Soweto
- Gavin Steyl t/a G&S Racing
- Hollywood Sportsbook Gauteng (Pty) Ltd, and the bookmaker’s name is Sue Gager who is trading in Brakpan, Lenasia, Alberton, Johannesburg City Centre, Vereeniging, Boksburg, Pretoria etc.
- Johnny Cooke t/a Claremont Tattersalls, based in Pretoria
- And Bookkeepers Glen & Keith Ho trades in Pretoria, Rosettenville, Benoni, Yeoville, Braamfontein, Lenasia, Norwood
The amount of licensed bookmakers in Gauteng alone is unreal, never mind the entire South Africa. It is become an obvious fact that bookmarkers trade in South Africa is extremely big and lucrative for so many to be able to trade and make a living, some exceeding far above the rest in South Africa.